World expertise in CHP technologies and markets - CHP and District Heating (track record since 1990)
- Thorough understanding of European and other market CHP/DH policy frameworks.
- Modelling capabilities on support regimes.
- Working relationships with the EU and national Government officials responsible for CHP/DH.
- Individual member of the UK’s Combined Heat and Power Association.
- Membership of COGEN Europe, including chairing the EU Emissions Trading Working Group.
- Thorough understanding of CHP cycle and heat and power supply.
- Pre-feasibility modelling capability on CHP options including sizing, cost, economic analysis.
- Experience in biomass, biogas technologies.
- Well known by most of the UK CHP market and good working relationships with energy companies, equipment suppliers and policymakers.
- Well known by a good proportion of European CHP/DH industry, but less complete a coverage than in UK.
- Active working knowledge on energy markets in the UK and other EU Countries.
Examples of work
- Study leader for SDC-funded work on low to medium density DH market potential in the UK.
- Lead consultant to two collations of CHP operators in California in their lobbying and preparation for the Greenhouse Gas Reduction Program.